Shutterfly Passport Photo in 2 Steps
A detailed yet concise DIY guide to creating compliant pictures within minutes.
Shutterfly is a well-known online platform primarily known for its photo printing and customizing services. In addition to creating personalized photo gifts and prints, it offers an easy and reliable way to get passport pictures without leaving the comfort of your own home.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to print passport photos on Shutterfly. For your convenience and maximum clarity, each step is split into small and easy substeps. So even if you’re not tech-savvy, you shouldn’t have any trouble following them.
Technically, you can make one by yourself using Photoshop or any other similar photo editing tool. However, there’s no point in going this complicated way.
Instead, we’ll show you how to prepare a Shutterfly passport photo template using our website, which is hassle-free and far more convenient:
1. Take a Usual Picture:
Yes, you heard it right. Grab your smartphone (or a digital camera, if you’re old-school) and take a regular photo of yourself.
By ‘a regular photo’ we mean that you don’t have to look for a suitable background or crop your image to the passport size. Just take a picture where you look into the camera directly (with a neutral expression, of course) and there are no shadows on your face. As long as these simple requirements are met, your photo can have any background and size whatsoever–after our processing, it will still work for Shutterfly passport photos.
2. Upload the Picture to Our Website:
Push the Get your photo now button at the bottom of the screen to upload your newly taken image here. We’ll convert it into a valid Shutterfly passport photo by cropping it to the correct size and removing the background. Plus, we’ll create a template and paste two copies of your biometric photo into it.
Alternatively, you can upload your picture on one of our dedicated pages (for example, the Costco passport photos page).
3. Review the Preview of Your Picture:
See if you still like your image after our processing. If not, you can retake it as many times as you want until you get a perfect passport photo.
4. Save the Photo and the Template:
Hit Get Photo to save your Shutterfly passport pictures on your device’s hard drive. Although you’ll get a single photo as well, it’s the template with two identical photos that we’ll need in Step 2. It will look like this:
1. Open the Website:
Go to www.shutterfly.com.
2. Navigate to the Required Section:
At the top of the page, select the Prints tab, then 4X6 Prints.
3. Log In or Create Your Account:
Log in to your Shutterfly profile. If you don’t have it, sign up and create one.
4. Upload Your Image:
After you log in, you’ll see a pop-up window offering you to upload your photos (if it didn’t appear, push the large orange ADD PHOTOS button at the bottom). Click CHOOSE PHOTOS, select the Shutterfly passport photo template we made for you, and hit ADD. Then, click ADD TO CART and PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
5. Double-Check Your Order:
On the left, you’ll see your order total and a preview of your Shutterfly passport photos. Click Details for each and make sure that you’re ordering one 4×6 print on a glossy photo paper, which should cost $0.20 (not counting delivery).
6. Choose In-Store Pick-Up or Home Shipping:
- Using the first option, you can have your Shutterfly passport photos printed and sent to a CVS or Walgreens location to pick them up. To do that, click 1-hour pick up available below the preview of your picture, select any suitable location, and enter your phone number. The price will change depending on the store (on average, it’s about $0.40) and you won’t need to pay a delivery fee.
- If you need your Shutterfly passport photo delivered to you, don’t click on the one-hour option. Instead, enter your address for home delivery and click NEXT. You’ll see the shipping options with prices ($2.49 to $19.99; not including $0.20 for the printout). Consider how you want to get your Shutterfly passport photos and pick the option that works best for you.
7. Place Your Order:
- If you’ve chosen a pick-up, simply hit PLACE ORDER.
- For shipping, scroll down and enter your payment information. You can either provide your debit or credit card details or use PayPal/Afterpay. Enter your phone number as well, check the total price, and click PLACE ORDER.
That’s it! Once you place your order, Shutterfly will start processing and printing your picture–you can pick up your Shutterfly passport photos in an hour if you’ve chosen the pick-up option. When ordering delivery, expect to get your prints within the specified time frame. The printouts you’ll get will be 100% ready to submit and use in your new passport!
Getting a Shutterfly passport picture is one of the most convenient and cost-effective options as long as you use a correct 4×6 template. To get one and ensure that it meets all standards, use our website which offers lots of other options as well.
How much does a Shutterfly passport photo cost?
The total price will ultimately depend on the delivery method.
For example, if you choose in-store pick-up, a passport photo on Shutterfly will cost about $0.40. This is the most cost-effective way to get valid photographs.
By contrast, if you want your pictures delivered to your home, the printout itself will cost $0.20 but you’ll also need to pay a delivery fee according to the following shipping rates:
Basic option without tracking:
- Economy – $2.49
Date-guaranteed options with tracking:
- Standard – $4.49
- Expedited – $11.99
- Rush – $19.99
So, to calculate how much it will be to print and deliver your Shutterfly passport photos, choose the option you like and add its price to the initial $0.20.
How long does a Shutterfly passport photo take?
To get one as fast as possible, see the above DIY guide. Following our guidelines, you can create digital passport photos and have them printed using the Shutterfly online photo printing services–all in a couple of minutes!
When getting your prints, a good way to save time (and money) is to arrange a pick-up in-store. In this case, you’ll be able to get your Shutterfly passport photos within one hour only.
However, please note that if you order delivery of your photo prints, it will take far more time. Below is the list of shipping methods with their delivery times:
- Economy – 6-10 Business days
- Standard – 5-7 Business days
- Expedited – 4-5 Business days
- Rush – 3-4 Business days